Friday, July 30, 2010

The River

One of my favorite summer places is Buffalo River State Park. It is only about 30 minutes from the Fargo-Moorhead area, and the kids have a great time there. In the past, I would go by myself with the kids but now that we have added a third child to the mix, I am not comfortable with that kid to parent ratio. Plus, the boy swims as well as a rock and Callie is fearless in the water. From year to year Jason forgets how much fun it is, so every summer I have to do a lot of convincing to get him there. A few weeks ago, after much convincing, Jason gave in and we spent a few hours at the river. And not surprisingly, Jason realized that it still is fun.

Callie working hard.

Wyatt taking a break long enough for a picture.

Sadie's idea of workng hard.

It was a pretty hot day, so Sadie is sleeping on a blanket covered ice pack.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops.. I spelled something wrong! :) let me try again! We love Buffalo River... Looks like you had a great time! Remember when we went camping? The chocolate bar picture of Wyatt is still one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember he was scared of marshmallows but LOVED the chocolate bar and decided to help himself to a giant one when no one was looking!

    ReplyDelete