Monday, September 19, 2011

Adoption Update

Over the past few months, Jason and I have had the opportunity to pray about and for babies and children needing "forever homes." Some were children we didn't feel we could successfully parent. Others have been children we felt we could parent, but who were chosen for different homes. I don't know how anyone could go through adoption without knowing that God is in control. We know without a doubt that we are following God's will for our family in pursuing adoption. As we have waited for the child for our family, we have received sign after sign that we are being obedient to God's calling. It has been a very exciting few months.

Right now there is one little fella, in particular, that we are being considered for. Some of the circumstances surrounding this case are what we had in mind and some are not. In the overall scheme of things, the factors that are different are not a big deal. Without going into any detail, because I don't feel that it is appropriate at this time, there will be a meeting on Friday, September 23, where a family will hopefully be chosen for this child. Jason and I have a peace about the situation and would be thrilled if we are chosen as the forever parents. And if not, we will know that it is not God's will and our child is still out there.

We would love prayers for the committee that will be making the decision. I would like for it to be a unanimous decision where everyone involved believes the correct choice is made. Thanks so much for thinking of us, and for praying for this child and the committee.

3 comments:

  1. Our corner of Fort Worth will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping and praying all turns out as it is supposed to. From what I have read, you and Jason would be awesome parents and Wyatt, Callie and Sadie would be wonderful brother and sisters.
    I don't know you at all, have just been reading your blogs since you had the 4 little babies, but am impressed with your strength in all areas. God Bless You all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was given your site by a friend. I want to let you know that my husband and I recently adopted from right here in Fargo. We adopted a brother and sister. I will definitely keep you in prayer and thought! We have been there!!! If you would like to talk or e-mail by all means contact me!!! djs00@midco.net or 218-790-1222. By the way, my name is Jen

    ReplyDelete